Monday, December 22, 2008

Sticker shock or The real cost of calories

I was doing some nutritional analysis of my various recipes. I didn't know how many calories a Pizza can have. Just 2 servings of my pizza weigh in at 430 calories. A whole pizza = one whopper in calories. I might add that these are 'tiny' pizzas about 6 inches in diameter, not near the same amount that a 'normal' pizza that most American's can eat single handed.....I shudder to think what the meat lovers pizza would have??

I also was amazed at how much salt are in my recipes. Just 1 serving of my lasagna has nearly 60% of your sodium for a day. These are 'healthy' recipes that I have REDUCED the amount of sodium in....

Oh well. BTW: Gourmet rocks, its the program that I use for all my cooking. It does all of the nutritional stuff FOR FREE and runs wonderfully on my OS of choice, Linux.

Thomas

No comments: